Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tourism and Art

Monday was a day off. So of course, we did not spend any time relaxing. I'm learning how to use public transportation - what fun! Luke and I went to the Golden Gate Park, which is rather far away from the bridge - logic, anyone? It was absolutely gorgeous, however. We explored the park itself, but we spent most of our time in the California Academy of Sciences. They had earthquake exhibits, an aquarium, a living roof, and even a rainforest! Also, baby ostriches! So much adorableness!!! It was a lot of fun to wander around and see everything.

African Penguins - I want one!

 I loved the aquarium, especially because there was a section to pet some of the animals. I petted a starfish, and it attached itself to my hand, which was rather amusing. I felt like a child, and I loved every minute of it


The first actual Jellyfish I've seen!



After the academy, we grabbed lunch from an Indian food truck. It was delicious, if insanely spicy. I am firmly convinced at this point that the food here is the best ever. Then we took a bus to the Golden Gate Bridge. I was exceedingly excited to find out that the bridge is made from Bethlehem Steel - it's so cool to know that even across the country, there's a bit of home. The bridge itself was stunning, especially with the fog rolling across the top at intervals. We could even see Alcatraz, which we'll have to visit later on.



Monday night we had a brief designer meeting, to check in with everyone and figure out our plans for the week. Tuesday, I met with Mellie individually, and then went to rehearsal. I love our actress more and more every time I hear her read, and I'm very excited to see the performance. 
 
So far today, I've actually managed to be productive! I went to Blick this morning to buy supplies, and stopped at the farmer's market on the way back. I bought some yummy pistachios and olives - have I mentioned that I love the food here? I will be working on my collage for the reading this weekend, and tonight we will be attending a performance at Ashby Stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment