Sunday, July 15, 2012

Thrifting Galore!

Saturday, Luke and I decided to wander the city before meeting up with Mellie. We picked up some groceries on our wanderings, but mostly just had fun walking around. San Francisco is a gorgeous city, and there's quite a bit of artwork and sculpture around.



Around noon, Mellie took Jenna, Luke, and I to Scrap. Scrap is a store that was started by a teacher when San Francisco began requiring them to purchase all the supplies for their classes. This store is a huge warehouse full of, well, scrap. They have paper, toys, fabric, fixtures... pretty much anything you could imagine. It was a warehouse of crafting glory. I could have spent hours there, just looking at everything. We each bought a bag's worth of random objects for our Cornell boxes, and everything I bought was only $10. I wish we had one near Lehigh!

LOVE these decorated spools at Scrap!



After Scrap, we went to the Mission, and wandered the thrift stores after grabbing lunch at Taqueria Cancun. There is a giant store called Thrift Town, which is two stories, and full of awesomeness. I was pretty much in thrifting heaven. Afterwards, we walked down Valencia, stopping at a really cool Pirate store, and a Taxidermy store. We were out for around 6 hours, and completely wiped after getting back. That, of course, did not mean that we didn't do anything later. Luke and I went to a local bar/restaurant, Dobbs Ferry, for dinner, which was quite tasty. I had asparagus with goat cheese - so much yum! Being the evil person that I am, I did convince Luke to leave his number for our waitress, who was very pretty and nice. He of course freaked out the whole way back to the hotel, which I found hilarious. I enjoy being a soulless ginger...


This was hanging in a local Goodwill - I apparently have awesome distant relatives!

This morning, Grounded had its first rehearsal. It was great to meet our actress for the first time, and hear her read the play. I always love it when a director casts an actor who fits the image I had in my head, and she did perfectly. This means to me that I am on the same page as the director, which is definitely a good starting point. I'm excited to see where this goes!

Adorable superhero mural - my life is complete!

Luke has evening rehearsals, but we had time to grab dinner between our respective rehearsals (it's so not fun eating out alone, and we both want to explore the city). There is an incredible amount of good food around here - as far as I can tell, every restaurant is a good one! We went to La Boulange, and I got a ridiculously good goat cheese and portabella sandwich. I'm pretty sure this city is a foodie's dream, especially since most of the local places are pretty affordable. I may never go home!

On the streets of the Mission - so cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment